Tuesday, June 3, 2014

Summer For Love Blog Hop!

(June 11) Thanks to everyone who participated! I have contacted the winners of The Ice Goddess drawing. Hope you have a great summer!


Hello, everyone! In this excerpt from Tower Bridge, my first published novel, Anna is trying to win back the affections of her husband, the moody musician Stan, in the sultry late-summer surroundings of their garden.
*     *     *


We made our way through the first bottle, and as the moon rose and the sky deepened, a plum color now, I produced the other, already opened (see how well I had planned?), from under the bench.
“Anna!” he said, surprised. I began to pour him more, my arm unsteady. He gently pulled the bottle from me. “Let me,” he said, and I loved the way he said it. Like a real husband, one who cared enough to notice little things.
I watched as he topped off our glasses. And then I decided. When I reached over to caress his cheek, the beginnings of his beard, he started to move away, but hesitated, torn. He didn’t want to hurt me. I knew him well enough to suss that out. And I think both of us were remembering the last time we had been together, so long ago, before his concert in town. I pushed him too far that afternoon. He hadn’t been ready, still reeling from all that had happened.
“Anna,” he said, attempting a reprimand. He held onto that bottle and didn’t look up. His lashes lowered and dark against his cheeks.
I carefully took the glasses and set them underneath the bench. And, with both hands, I pulled the bottle from him now and placed it out of sight. He raised his eyes to mine. He didn’t want to fight.
“Please.” I touched my fingers to his lips. “It’s my birthday.” He didn’t move, so I did, leaning in towards him. I smelled sharp Irish Spring soap; it mingled with the sweetness of the cloves from his cigarettes and that damn conditioner I had made him use. And underneath it all, his basic earthiness. I began to kiss him with a need I had tried to ignore for a long time: years at this point. He groaned – so nice, the vibration of his mouth heavy under mine– and I pressed myself closer, my hands all over his back, then moving through his hair. I was mad about his hair. That and his bloody, irresistible earring were my downfalls, among so many other things. Oh, God, I was relentless, and at one point, our teeth clicked together. Hard.
He pulled away. “Ouch,” he said, laughing in spite of everything.
I leaned my forehead against his and took this time to catch my breath. And then, well, I started to kiss him more.
Anna…” he managed to say, a bit desperately, when I finally allowed him air again.
“Don’t,” I said against the corner of his mouth. “Don’t refuse me, please. Just this once…” 
*     *     *


GRAND PRIZES
SIX $50 Amazon or B&N Gift Cards

Comment with your name and email to be entered into the Grand Prize drawing. Comments without name and email will not be counted. Commenting on each and every stop will increase your chances of winning.
Winners for the (6) Grand Prizes will be drawn and announced on THE ROMANCE TROUPE blog by June 10th.

Find the list of blog stops here at The Romance Troupe
*     *     *
And let me sweeten the deal. If you follow me on Twitter (https://twitter.com/HanneloreMoore1) and send me a Tweet or a DM saying "Giveaway" between June 4 - 8, I'll choose two random participants to receive a paperback or ebook version (whatever the winner wants) of The Ice Goddess, my new 5 Prince Publishing release, on June 10th! 


39 comments:

  1. lisamarie romero... lisamarie.romero@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loved the excerpt (it was too short, haha). Can't wait to read the book!
    VeronikaDream
    verusbognar (at) gmail (dot) com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the excerpt!! And LOVE LOE LOVE the cover for The Ice Goddess. Wow. Thanks for posting!!

    ~Angela Christina Archer
    history(at)angelachristinaarcher(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love the cover, too :) Our lovely 5 Prince Publishing resident artist!

      Delete
  4. I am following you and sending you a tweet in Twitter as @tista_ray . I am unable to send you a direct message as you don't follow me back in Twitter.

    ladyunwritten[AT]gmail[DOT]com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for participating.

    Anne M.
    acm05atjuno.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Have a great weekend, Anne! Thank YOU for participating! :)

      Delete
  6. Thank you for being a part of this Hop.
    I'm following you on twitter and tweeted you

    Deborah Close
    dcpooh55 (at) cox (dot) net

    ReplyDelete
  7. Got your tweet! You're entered. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sent tweet and followed.

    Liza O'Connor
    Liza2write@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Liza! You won a copy of The Ice Goddess (sent you a DM via Twitter this morning, too). Write me at hanneloremoore@gmail.com and let me know if you want paperback or eBook. If you want paperback, include your physical address; if you want eBook, send me your email address. Thanks for participating!

      Delete
  9. Thank you for taking part in the hop!

    H.B.
    humhumbum AT yahoo DOT com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Joy F
    magic5905 at embarqmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  11. I really love that cover and that was a great excerpt. Love finding great new authors.

    Stephanie Fredrick
    fsteph55(at)yahoo(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Tia Dalley
    videoclimber AT yahoo DOT com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your first book & The Ice Goddess both sound great. morgankwyatt@juno.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Kelly Thompson
    kellberry(at)sbcglobal(dot)net

    ReplyDelete
  15. Jen Barnard
    jen dot barnard at btinternet dot com

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thanks for the amazing giveaway!
    Elizabeth
    elizabeth @ bookattict . com

    ReplyDelete
  17. thanks for being part of the Hop!
    Stacey A Smith
    sasluvbooks at yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete
  18. Thanks for participating in the hop.
    Wanda Craighead
    wcraig5432@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. Thanks for sharing the excerpt and thank you for the giveaway!

    I hope you have a great week!! =)

    Brandi
    BLeigh1130 at yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Brandi! You won a copy of The Ice Goddess (sent you a DM via Twitter this morning, too). Write me at hanneloremoore@gmail.com and let me know if you want paperback or eBook. If you want paperback, include your physical address; if you want eBook, send me your email address. Thanks for participating!

      Delete
  20. Thanks to all who entered. I will draw names tonight! :)

    ReplyDelete